View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #62
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

-- I'm actively scouting central defenders, left midfielders and strikers to start and I've put in a couple of offers already on some young DC's...we'll see if I can sign them but they both have some decent potential.

-- Frantisek Kroulik wants me to look at increasing his wage in light of my refusal to sell him. I tell him that's not happening and he apologizes for bothering me. I like these young kids that know their place in the grand scheme of things

-- A whole bunch of teams want young GK Simon Hayward on loan but only one, Millwall, tell me he'll be a starting keeper. I ask them to pay his modest wage in a renegotiated deal. As that happens, I get word that St. Johnstone have met my transfer fee demands for Hayward. Hmm…I guess I have to accept that! We'll see what Hayward decides but I'm guessing he will take the opportunity with St. Johnstone after he comes out in the press and declares his delight at my acceptance of the deal.

-- We set a new average attendance record last year at Crabble Athletic Ground of 8,735. With another stadium expansion taking place as we speak, we should see another major increase in supporters again for 2020/21.

Barclays Premier League Title Odds

-- Manchester City are touted as favourites for this year at even money. Man U is second at 5-2, Arsenal is 5-1, Liverpool is 6-1, Chelsea is 14-1 and Tottenham are 25-1. We are longshots at 1000-1 and the pundits feel that a high mid-table finish is in the cards. I'd prefer to see how we do in the transfer market first before making such assumptions!

Loan OUT

-- 21 year old DC Andy Brown is loaned out to AFC Wimbledon for 7 months. They indicated he'd be in the mix to start and that prompted me to accept their deal. He's definitely a surplus to requirements here.

Transfer OUT

-- Simon Hayward signs a contract with St. Johnstone and that completes a £450,000 transfer. I also negotiated a sell on clause in addition to negotiating a £50K payout should Hayward reach 20 league appearances. Hayward did not play a single league game with Dover and since I got him on a free, this is all pure profit. He was never going to be in our plans.

Season Ticket Update

-- We've sold 913 season tickets so far and the club expects another 3300 to sell to bring us to around 4200 total. We sold 3793 last year but the hope is that we continue to add subscribers to fill up our growing stadium, which will seat over 15,000 supporters by November this year.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote