View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #69
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Dover Athletic - 2020-21 Senior Team Roster Report

Here is a look at how our team is shaping up as we're about to start our preseason friendlies later today, with a game against our U18 squad.

GOALKEEPERS -

Lukasz Fabianski - GK

Ingo Wilke - GK

I'll likely start the season with Wilke, who is much younger than Fabianski. I'd still like to look at bringing in another great keeper but I likely don't have the transfer money to do so.

FULLBACKS -

Renato Gaucho - DL

Jozef Kuciak - DR, WBR

Salim Loucif - DR, DC

Jozef Varga - DL, WBL

We're set at starter with Gaucho and newcomer Loucif. I'm not happy with my depth on either side and will likely look to supplement what I have in the free transfer market or a bargain buy is an option as well.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Thomas Andersen - DC

Luke McCullough - DC, DR

Oliver Nicholas - DC, DR

Lukas Stetina - DC, DM, MC

So far, this is the biggest disappointment in the early part of the transfer window. I am having a very tough time finding an elite central defender that actually will come to Dover. I've been fortunate enough to sign two very good prospects in Andersen and young Kokaina but I'd like an anchor player in the middle of the defense. I'm still looking and hopeful to find someone who can step in right away as a starter this year.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Neil Cairney - MC

Frantisek Kroulik - MC

Mancini - DM, DC, MC

Darren Pratley - MC, AMC

Andrea Rocca - MC, AMC

Aitor Zubizarreta - AMC, AMR, ST

Cairney, my wonderkid signing from Man City, is a 3.5/4.5 prospect who should step in and contribute right away. Kroulik is on the transfer list and I will likely take advantage of whatever money comes in on his sale to supplement the rest of the roster. Depth is a concern here though - Pratley is way past his prime and Zubizarreta, while a great young talent, doesn't really fit in well with my roster because he can't play MC. We rarely go with an AMC and when we do, I'd prefer using Zoltan Bardi.

WIDE MIDFIELDERS

Arsene Bamba - ML, AML, WBL

Gianluca Bolis - MR, AMR

Liam Craig - MC, ML, AML

Petr Kostal - MR, AMR, ML, AML

Cameron Murray - ML, AML

Well, again, we're set at starter with newcomer Bamba joining last year's revelation Gianluca Bolis. Cameron Murray will hopefully bounce back after a terrible season last year. Kostal isn't very good. Again, depth is a concern.

STRIKERS

Zoltan Bardi - ST, AMC, MC

Gerardo Escobar - ST

Giorgos Gesios - ST

Roberto - ST, AMC

Petr Simek - ST

We're very deep at striker but maybe lacking that absolute ELITE forward that most great teams have. I certainly hope Gesios can prove he's that guy - his value has dropped over 10 million pounds since I bought him last year but he's coming off a sensational Euro Cup and is in great shape to start the preseason. Escobar and Bardi will be counted on a lot as well.

Current Reserve Team Players

- Gareth Mace - DC, DR, ST
- Andrew Stanley - DC
- Emmanuel Agbo - DC, DM, MC
- Jamie Matthews - DM, MC
- Frankie Taylor - MR, MC
- Jonathan Adam - ML, AML, MC, AMC
- Dennis Kunz - ST

Current Players Loaned Out

- Matthew Thompson - DC (at Preston)
- Andy Brown - DC (at AFC Wimbledon)
- Jonathan Gauthier - DC, MC (at Brighton)
- Steve Ingram - ML, AML (at Brentford)

Notable U18 Prospects

Mohamed Lamine Yilmaz - DC

Abdallaye Kokaina - DC

Ryan Bodin - ST

Carlo Cerbone - ST

Gregoire Lambert - ST

DC Kokaina is an elite prospect with 4.5 potential. He's actually got the talent to play this year in a reserve role but I'd like him to learn the English language before being thrown to the wolves at the Premier League level. I plan on keeping him with the U18 team this year. I've had numerous offers for another young DC in the past 12 months, Mohamed Lamine Yilmaz - if others think he's going to be good there's no reason for me to move him just yet. He's a guy I'd like to achieve home grown status.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 11-22-2013 at 10:50 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote