View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #85
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

September Update

-- The transfer window closes today. We're all done - I contemplated bringing in a young Man U midfielder on loan but I think we have more than enough depth at this point, especially once Mancini returns from his injury.

-- We have only three league games this month: Sheffield Wednesday on the 12th, Stoke on the 19th and Chelsea on the 26th. We also have a 3rd round League Cup match at Arsenal on the 23rd. All in all, a pretty light month of action, as there are plenty of international games going on, most importantly World Cup 2022 qualifying.

-- We get word from our assistant that Gianluca Bolis, Giorgos Gesios and Thomas Andersen have all trained well with the senior team while Carlo Cerbone and Abdallaye Kokaina are doing well with the U18's. However, DR Salim Loucif hasn't been training hard enough aerobically so I call him into my office and have a chat about his dedication to the team and thankfully, he promises he'll work harder in training.

Barclays Premier League Team of the Week

-- Paulus Tjiuoro and Giorgos Gesios are named to the first eleven on this week's team.

Barclays Premier League Monthly Awards

-- In a first for our club, we not only see one of our players win the Player of the Month, but we pull of a complete SWEEP of the top three! Giorgos Gesios, who scored five goals in only three games, is named Barclays Premier League Player of the Month for August. Zoltan Bardi finished in second and Gianluca Bolis finishes third!

-- The hits keep on coming! Our big new DC signing Cristian Rodriguez is named Barclays Premier League Young Player of the Month for August after scoring once with a 7.77 average rating! MR Gianluca Bolis finishes third for this award as well!

-- Gesios' magnificent goal against Norwich was named the 3rd best Premier League goal of the month.

-- I am completely robbed of my first ever Manager of the Month award. Somehow, the bozos give it to Man U's Jurgen Klinsmann - yeah, they are also 3-0-0 but they are SUPPOSED to be good! I finish in second place for the monthly award. Robbed I say!

Injury Update

-- Arsene Bamba is close to returning to full fitness after his ankle injury and Mancini is about two weeks from getting back to training after suffering fractured ribs.

-- Oh my! New DC signing Thomas Andersen hands in a TRANSFER REQUEST, only three games into our new season!! He started our League Cup match but hasn't featured in any other games yet. He tells me that my failure to reassure him over his first-team future at the club has forced his hand. It's pretty ridiculous to see something come so soon after a player's arrival but he must see that our strong preference is to use Rodriguez and Tjiuoro over him. I reject the request and the transfer window closes the next day without any further complaints. His morale is in the gutter but otherwise he's got no complaints showing on his player page so I assume he'll get over it if I find him some playing time in coming games.

U18 Update

-- The kids lose a 3-1 match against West Ham and our only scorer was 16 year old youth pull Chris Paterson.

-- A few days later, they battle Brighton to a 0-0 draw. Striker Carlo Cerbone was the top performer.

September Board Confidence Update

-- The board is very pleased with my overall leadership of the team. Increased stature still the main reason; Simon Rideout's departure still the main disappointing issue. We lost £253,000 last month.

-- Arsene Bamba returns to full training following his ankle injury. He missed three weeks of action.

International Update

-- All of our international call-ups receive caps, including Scottish midfielder Cameron Murray, who expresses delight at receiving his first senior cap.

-- Paulus Tjiuoro sustains a thigh strain in the Nambia game and will likely miss a week or so of action. That should make Thomas Andersen happy, as he's now in line to start his first league game for us.

Reserve Team Update

-- We throttle Arsenal 5-1, getting two goals from Roberto and singles from Petr Simek, Liam Craig and Dennis Kunz. Roberto was incredibly dangerous all game and missed a penalty shot that would have gotten him his hat trick.

Another International Update

-- The extended international break continues, with Zoltan Bardi continuing his hot early season form with two goals in a 4-0 Hungary win over Luxembourg. Cameron Murray picks up a second cap but in bad news, molten hot striker Giorgos Gesios picked up an injury in extra time in Greece's 2-1 loss against Denmark. I hope it's not serious…

-- The next day, there are no injuries listed for Gesios so it must not be that serious. He's listed as being very tired so I'll likely hold him out for our next match.

Next Up

-- We return to Premier League action in an away match versus Sheffield Wednesday

Last edited by NoSkillz : 11-25-2013 at 02:11 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote