Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 06:11 AM   #252
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Ismael Gutierrez 2-0-0(1) #119 v. Artemio Hinojosa 5-2-3(1) #101

This fight is scheduled for four rounds.

The round started with Ismael dictating the pace of the fight. He landed a great set of punches early and tailed off through the round. Both fighters were coming forward and there was some holding and puching inside. I felt that the round ended very close. Both fighters jabbed well, Hinojosa crept back in and made the round very even.

Round two did not go well at all. Hinojosa was accurate, and landed a number of combinations. Ismael stopped coming forward so much and looked to counter the attacking Hinojosa. The last :30 of the round were Ismael’s, but that was all. He lost that round in my eyes.

Round three was as hard a round as you will see anywhere. Both men took turns laying it out and getting his. The fight was back and forth and I still think that Ismael didn’t do enough to get the round. He just got hit by too many punches. Even the announcers ringside noticed that both men look worse for the wear after that round. Who knows what will happen in round four?

Hinojosa did a number on Ismael in this round. Punch after punch seemed to rain down upon Gutierrez. Now, Ismael did get some good punches in, and his punches hurt, but I would say that Artemio Hinojosa’s chin is highly underrated. He was quick and fluid, and really took this fight to the finish. Gutierrez looked winded at the end. He could have stolen the round with some offensive flurries, after I yelled that he was losing and that he needed the big punch now! I think I just heard them say that Hinojosa’s nose is broken. Well, if he won he deserves it. He fought a nice fight.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote