Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #272
PilotMan
Head Coach

The improbable has happened. Like Oscar De la Hoya last year, now Pernell Whitaker has been knocked off in dramatic fashion. Julio Cesar Chavez came up big in the 9th round and knocked out Whitaker. He paid for some training, but what this will do for Whitaker’s chances for a fight against Damien Essett. Chavez now is in the drivers seat for a title fight in the lightweight division.

Watanbe, just fought but is in fighting condition again. He is struggling mentally the same way that Drydon did when he got here. I am also having the same problem getting fights for him. Two fighters turned him down for fights. I have a feeling that I will need to wait for someone else to offer him a fight. And hope that he is up to the challenge.

Rueles, Gutierrez, and Leeds all should be healthy enough to schedule soon. Gutierrez is doing well with his training. He is focused on being in good physical shape. I am not going to let him lose again. What a waste that would be.

Here is the featured fight of the week:

Bantamweight Champ and FOY Job Reyes 21-0-2(13) #1 v. Fernando Ramirez 15-7-1(12) #7

A rematch and a lucky fight for Ramirez. I would rather have seen a Reyes-Firth rematch, but this will have to do. Reyes is still undefeated and is a top draw. Ramirez won two fights in a row since his TKO loss to Reyes. I gotta think that Reyes is the favorite. It will be hard repeating his first showing. Reyes is the heavy favorite at 2/5, while Ramirez is at 11/5. I would never bet against Reyes. He is way too tough right now.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote