View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I do have that in my queue right now, but I'm playing through the 25 scenario campaign in BfW right now. Probably will get to UFO:AI soon.

In other news, I may not like BfW's math. I decided to reload an old save during a hard mission on this Isle of the Dead. My mermen had a 50% chance ot hit this bady guy and missed horribly they hit twice out of 12 attacks. That's odd, I think, so I reload to try again. This time, 4 out of 12., still low but close. I decide to try again, just to see - 7 out of 12. That's where I would expect to see it.

Throughout the rest of the scenario I save just before making attacks and then load and try again. The results were that I was regularly hitting lower than my %. I would hit 40% on a character with 70%, or 30% on one with 50%. The result was that I felt the actual hit percentages were much lower than the display percentages, but not on the counter attack. My opponent would hit their numbers on the counter.

This revelation greatly disturbs me. It means that the game may be cheating in favor of the foe, or that it has a problem with its basic mechanics.

I will add these paragraphs to my review.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote