View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 07:49 PM   #1858
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Yeah baby, found some pork I really like. Not sure if it made it in the final bill though.

As someone thinking about doing semi-early retirement, healthcare insurance until Medicare has been a concern so have been looking into Obamacare stuff. I am not thinking that I would spend more than $85K a year in retirement but was concerned if capital gains, or dependents working (and myriad of other possible factors) and how that would impact calculation for subsidies.

With this proposal, it takes all that uncertainty away.

Looks like it made it in! Looks like semi-early retirement is more of a reality now ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...igned-n1260719
Quote:
With surprisingly little fanfare, the legislation includes some of the biggest changes to the Affordable Care Act (often referred to as "Obamacare") since President Barack Obama signed it in 2010.

The bill boosts subsidies for customers who buy insurance through the ACA, lowering premiums across the board and outright eliminating them on benchmark plans for people making under 150 percent of the federal poverty level.

For the first time, people making over 400 percent of the federal poverty level ($51,520 for individuals) can qualify for federal help, as well, with their premiums capped at 8.5 percent of income. The new subsidies are for only two years; Democrats are likely to try to extend them.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote