View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #384
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I was happy with the Vikings draft....

I love the Jefferson pick(I dont know how the Eagles could pass on that production). I would have liked the Vikings to draft Josh Jones from Houston with their 2nd first round pick however they traded down and grabbed a talented cornerback(another huge need) while Jones is still there(perhaps trade up and get him tonight)

A bonus was that the Bears didnt have a 1st round pick and the Packers screwed theirs up. First of all, I dont know why the Packers drafted a project QB when a position they need was as stacked as its ever been. Second of all, I dont know why they thought they needed to trade ahead of the Ravens(Jackson), Dolphins(Tua), Seahawks(Wilson), and Titans(Tannehill) in order to draft this player and give up more picks.

I dont know for sure if the Jags had interest in Tua. But I was thinking why didnt the Giants trade their #4 for the Jags #9 & 19. The Jags could have gotten Tua while the Giants could have gotten a stud tackle and added another 1st rounder. It just made too much sense to me to have not happened.

Apparently, the Giants were split on taking Andrew Thomas or Tristan Wirfs. If that was truly the case why not trade down if they are both there and gain value in the draft? This is why the Giants are not the Patriots. Ill never understand how these professional GM's are so poor at maximizing their teams edge in the draft.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-24-2020 at 09:09 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote