Thread: 2020 MLB thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #280
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've been trying to figure this out for the past couple of months. They can force a start/restart, but what happens when positives come up? You're already talking about shortened/compromised seasons to begin with, so if you're shuttling players in and out of the lineup due to positive tests, doesn't that just further make any season that much more suspect?

I mean, I guess you can trick yourself into equating a positive test with an ankle sprain or something, but we all know what it is and that those players would be active but for this situation. If LeBron and a couple other stars test positive during the last few weeks of the postseason, what good is playing? Or several NFL teams lose their starting QBs? At what point do you have to shut down a league for a few weeks? What happens if TX/OK become the new epicenter - does the Big 12 football season end, but the rest of the country plays on? I haven't seen anyone attempt to answer these questions. It's all about how/when things get started back up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote