View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #33
sabotai
General Manager

July 18, 1307
My cousin, Duchess Eslonza I of Portucale, has declared war on the King of France and Portugal to gain independence. Time to play with the big boys, I offer to join the war.

August 2, 1307
She accepts. I am now at war with France.

May 16, 1309
France surrenders. They won a few battles, but I won more. Plus, I was able to put troops into several spots whereas they concentrated their forces. When I defeated their large armies, they didn't have much of a choice. As you can see on the previous map, France has a few other Duchies that have successfully split from France.

Also of note, France is now ruled by an Andalusian branch of House Capet.

June 2, 1309
I waste no time. I offer my cousin vassalization and she accepts. The Duchy of Porticule is now part of the Spanish Empire.

June 10, 1309
Sicily is down to just one county...Venice. I decide to not let someone else have it and break my truce and take the 100 Prestige hit.

July 9, 1309
I have a son named Ansur.

January 2, 1311
I just noticed that I have a county in the northern part of France. The Count is a vassal of the Duchess that just joined my Empire.

In other news, the HRE is breaking apart quickly. Norway is trying to break free again, and this time a lot of other counties and duchies have declared war as well.

I actually have a claim on the Holy Roman Empire......hmm...

December 3, 1311
I have a son named Boson.

February 1, 1312
Sicily is no more. Venice is now in the hands of the Spanish Empire.

Africa is once again broken in half. I declare war to try to take Alger.

May 28, 1313
Africa surrenders.

I create the Kingdom of Mauretania.

November 20, 1315
My wife died............enough mourning, time to find a new one.

December 5, 1315
I marry a princess from the Poland-Lithuania Empire.

December 17, 1317
The Duchess of Brittany came to me with an offer to Invite to Plot to make France and Elective Succession. That might just do the trick in splitting up the Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Portugal. I accept.

January 18, 1318
The war is now on. I am now involved in the French Civil War to institute Elective Succession.

July 7, 1322
The Duke of Pisa declares war. Really? At this moment? Bastard will pay.

March 6, 1323
The war on France is now at 100%. Only a matter of time now.

August 11, 1323
The French Civil War (with an assist from the Empire of Spain) is over. The Duchess of Brittany won, and the succession law of the Kingdom of France is now Agnatic Elective.

October 16, 1323
I have a son named Manuel.

June 4, 1324
The Duke of Pisa surrenders. He is now in prison, where he'll stay for the rest of his life.

July 30, 1325
The Duke of Venice declares War. My own son.....guess he'll be dying in prison too. A shame, he's unmarried and has no kids.

April 21, 1326
The Duke of Venice surrenders.

May 26, 1326
I fabricate a claim on the Duchy of Beja. I can't go to war for it yet. France is just about whole again. Have to wait for the Kingdoms to split.

April 7, 1328
The Kingdoms of France and Portugal finally split. The bad news, Portugal only got the Duchy of Beja. Everything else stayed with France.

Oh well, time to take Beja.

August 9, 1328
The Duchy of Beja is now mine.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote