View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #43
sabotai
General Manager

I didn't get the idea to do that (and double check on the Emperor's lineage) until I saw that popup saying that Rome converted to Orthodox, 11 months before the end of the game.

1) I think I'm going to need to try some other mods, and to get rid of the mod that adds empires to the game. After I formed Spain, it became easy mode. Not only that, the Emperor simply was a level above King. I didn't like that. Emperors should something separate.

I also don't like how all kingdoms are made equal. Just look at the difference between the King of Germany and the King of Italy within the HRE and you'll see what I mean.

It would be nice if there was a way to "vassalize" a title to another title, regardless of the levels. The King of Germany was elected, and then would be named Holy Roman Emperor as well as King of Italy. In a way, the King of Italy title was a vassal of the King of Germany title, and being named Emperor by the Pope was almost always a formality.

So for intents and purposes, he was King of Germany, and the other titles just came with it. King of Italy was in no way shape or form on equal footing.

There are "titular" titles in the game, which could serve a bit of that function. But....not quite there.

I do plan on reading up on the time period and seeing what I can do with modding to make it better, if it's even possible.

2) I absolutely hate only being able to go to war, and stay at war, with just one CB. Make it like Vicky2 where I can add CBs, or let me pick and choose which CBs to use at the start. Hell, make it EU, where I can decide what I want at peace time. This one CB at a time crap is just horrible.

3) For the most part, number of soldiers is the only thing that matters. It was an extreme rarity for me to see an army that was even slightly outnumbered win. 15k vs 13k = 15k wins 99.9% of the time. That's what made beating France so easy near the end. For the Spanish and African counties, I always outnumbered France, but not by all that much. They had to wait until their big armies from the north got to Spain, and by then, it was over.

That's it for now. Great game, some very bad parts, and some real promise.

Last edited by sabotai : 04-24-2012 at 06:54 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote