View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #104
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Ugh... would have liked to see Hilo beat Match Fit.

I agree. I'm sure my players would have enjoyed a potential trip to Hawaii for the semifinals as well.

September 20th, 2014

Wake Forest Cougars (9-4-6, 8th) vs Tupelo Possums (3-4-13, 16th)

Attendence: 252

We're 1-6 favorites today against the team that is the reason we aren't playing for playoffs right now.

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Coggins/Burke/Garcia/Varela
DM: Pena
M: Sandoval/Tapia
AM: Davidson/Crook
ST: Pace

Full changes today, except for Gyan. Even with backups, I tell the team I expect them to win.

28': First highlight so far, Davidson just walks by his man to earn a clear cut chance but puts it hilariously wide.

HALF: We outshoot them 5-2 and are clearly the better team but have nothing to show for it.

59': Coggins with a long cross, their keeper punches it away, Pace with a shot after the rebound... but he puts it off the crossbar.

93': We get a corner, they head it out, we retain possession and after a couple passes Davidson is in the right side of the area, by his man, he strikes it well... off the post though.

Nope, not today.

Wake Forest 0 : 0 Tupelo

Notables: Tapia (7.0)

I wouldn't' care about this if it weren't for wanting revenge for the earlier key loss. Maybe the team just has a general issue performing in situations where they are fully expected to win.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote