View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #121
Radii
Head Coach

Defensive Midfielders

1. Brian Williams - 17 y/o - On paper Williams is better here and its not remotely close. His key technical attribute are all... ok... 6-8 range. No giant holes.
2. Timothy Pena - 24 yu/o - Looks like crap. I wanted to replace him in the preseason last year and couldn't find better.

But... in game, their ratings are basically the same.

One change i will make this year, last season I just played them both in "Defensive Mid" roles. But my assistant thinks they're both better as "Ball Winning Midfielders" and both have pretty high aggression, one of the key stats for that role. So I will probably change the role for my DM's and see if it lets them make more plays.

Central Midfielders

1. Jhonatan Mora - 21 y/o - Ratings don't much stand out, outside of a nice flair rating and a high work rate. Dude got results though.

2. Jose Alejandro Tapia - 24 y/o - best technical midfielder, best positioning and no 2'3 and 3's.

3. Mark Shakespeare - 17 y/o - 2nd best technically behind Tapia, weaker mentally than Mora though.

4. Gary Glaser - 18 y/o - So average everywhere. The guys behind him have major weak spots where Glaser is... ok.

5. Bayard Perkins - 25 y/o - Clearly worse than Glaser, clearly better than Sandoval

6. Ashley Sandoval - 17 y/o - 1 in marking, 2 in tackling, the offensive side of things doesn't do anything to make up for that.

So my tactic runs an "attacking" MC, and an "automatic" MC, which for me more often than not is defensive. The attackers by nature stand out and get better ratings. So even though Shakespeare had my best overall ratings, I think the combination of Tapia on defense/Mora offense give me my best team. Glaser/Shakespeare the 2nd tier there.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote