View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #126
Radii
Head Coach

Wake Forest Player of the Year

-- Its all about the goals, as ST Ronnie Navarro is the fans Player of the Year. If I had a vote, I would have voted Cooper first, Mora 2nd, and Navarro 3rd.

Wake Forest Best Eleven

GK: Amidu Gyan - 37 apps/6.84 rating
DR: Bob Varela - 12 apps/6.97 rating
DC: Joe Pickering - 23 apps/4 goals/7.12 rating
DC: Hernando Galvis - 24 apps/1 goal/6.85 rating
DL: David Campbell - 20 apps/7.01 rating
DM: Mark Shakespeare - 27 apps/6 goals/7.26 rating
MC: Jhonatan Mora - 23 apps/8 goals/7.17 rating
MC: Jose Alejandro Tapia - 23 apps/2 goals/6.91 rating
AMR: Ian Cooper - 23 apps/5 goals/7.18 rating
AML: Brian Davidson - 22 apps/6 goals/7.08 rating
ST: Ronnie Navarro - 28 apps/11 goals/7.16 rating

Shakespeare at DM is a joke. He can't even play the position. If anything, put Tapia at DM, Shakespeare/Mora at MC, as Tapia actually played DMC a fair bit.

League Schedule Announced

Jon had mentioned this in the FM14 thread, as have others, there's a continuity issue with teams at least in this bottom tier staying in the same league from year to year. I care more about the climb than I do the history we build here, so its an annoyance, but not a showstopper to me.

Examples:

Twin City Patrol are now in the Florida Coast Premier League
Blacksburg Bears are now in the New England Premier League, so are the Roanoke Magic

New Teams in the APL:

Cape City - Finished 16th in the Gateway Premier League last year
North Meck SC - They belong here. Relegated last year.
Peoria Steamers - Finished 9th in the Gateway Premier League last year
Savannah Braves - relegated last year, they belong
Springfield Lynx - Finished 8th in the Gateway Premier League last year

So 3 teams here that shouldn't be, from Missouri and Illinois.

Our season opens May 2nd in Springfield. Home opener May 8th vs Huntington.

North American Open Cup Groups

We're drawn into the group stage that takes place before league play starts. We're in group L against 7 other amateur teams we haven't faced before. Most notably we have a road match on March 28th in Juneau, Alaska, against the Ice Bears. Not exactly the Hawaii trip the team had hoped for last year in the Amateur Cup.

Youth Intake

We bring in a large number of youth players and will have to decide which ones get contracts. The $70/wk "youth contract" that I was offering these guys in my game that accidentally went semi-pro doesn't exist as an option here, so I assume things are good as far as keeping amateur status.

We'll go through these players tomorrow. Am I allowed to play 14 year olds? Because I bet more than a few of these could crack my rotation at a glance.

Last edited by Radii : 08-07-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote