View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #139
Radii
Head Coach

-- We still have a number of players right on the edge of match fitness. Those that need it I give the ok to play for the U18s and reserves and will just adjust my starting lineup accordingly.

Injury Update

3rd string AMR Bo Thompson had just recovered enough from his last injury to get out on the field for the reserves. He turns his knee and is out another month.

March 14th, 2015

North American Open Cup - Group Stage - Group L

Hudson Valley United (1-0-0, 2nd) vs Wake Forest Cougars (1-0-0, 3rd)

Attendance: 977

GK: Gyan
D: Bergmann/Pickering/Varela/Varela
DM: Williams
M: Tapia/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Roth

Three changes to the back line and a change at AML. Both Varela's are in and playing next to each other.

6': Cooper intercepts a poor pass near midfield, he plays a long ball ahead to Roth, Roth holds it and then lobs it into the left side for Davidson, he's got a clear cut chance and he finishes! 1-0

11': Cooper with a corner kick, taken to Williams who tries to shoot on the volley, its on target but weak, saved.

20': Very quick highlight with Shakespeare playing a ball to Cooper, he lays it off for Roth for a clear cut chance, but its put well wide.

HALF: We saw one more brief highlight and that was it. We have 10(!!) shots in the first half, to their 3. 64% of the possession, we just look crazy strong here.

55': Roth takes a rough hit and he's not injured, but his fitness went way low. Even though it'll come back up, I go ahead and sub in Ratzburg at the next opportunity.

61': Davidson with a cross to Ratzburg, he's all alone in the area for a bit, but he doesn't control it well and the defense recovers and blocks the shot.

62': After a throw we pass it around outside the area, Bergmann is way forward due to the set piece I assume, he lays it off for Shakespeare, who passes to Davidson, shot and goal! 2-0

80': They earn a corner after a poor pass by DR Varela gives it away in their offensive half, but can't do anything with it.

81': Glaser in for Shakespeare, Garcia in for Pickering.

Another good win!

Hudson Valley 0 : 2 Wake Forest

Man of the Match: Brian Davidson (8.9)
Goals: Davidson 2
Assists: Shakespeare (7.8), Roth (6.8)
Notables: Bob Varela (7.2), Pickering (7.2), Bergmann (7.2), Tapia (7.0), Cooper (7.2)

-- We get $7,600 for the win.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote