View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #141
Radii
Head Coach

-- going into a U18 match: "players in the first team needing match fitness: Ronnie Navarro, Samir Pace, Pierre Reynoso" Yeah.. that's 3 of our 5 strikers. Navarro being on the list is good, means he's about recovered from injury. And Pace has an excuse too with his injury problems. Reynoso I just don't like.

-- DC Don Burke resumes training after being out months with an injury.

-- I mentioned earlier that I was going to change my DMC role from "Defensive Midfielder" to "Ball Winning Midfielder". I had forgotten to do that, and am doing it now. Both Williams and Villa are better at that role according to my coaches.

Injury Update

GK Clark Garcia is out for 2 months after an injury in training. Noteworthy because GK Phil Harrington got hurt last week and since I never rotate GK's I didn't bother to slow down to mention it. But now our #2 and #3 GK's are out for some time. So if Gyan goes down we have a serious problem.

March 21st, 2015

North American Open Cup - Group Stage - Group L

Juneau Ice Bears (0-1-2, 7th) vs Wake Forest Cougars (3-0-0, 1st)

Attendance: 465

-- Belleville won their first match 5-2 for the goal differential lead. We're the only two teams at 6 points.

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Pickering/Garcia/Jackson
DM: Villa
M: Perkins/Glaser
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Roth

Tons of changes today. Actually is Pickering our only player who started last match (aside from Gyan)? Its raining in Alaska today. Its probably cold too.

3': Davidson with a free kick from 25 yards out, just high.

4': Roth has it 35 yards out, gets it ahead to Glaser who lays it back for Roth, Roth sends it right for Cooper, its a clear cut chance, on target, but their keeper with a nice dive to stop it.

30': Roth is hurt and forced to leave the match. Reynoso is match fit and I stuck him as my sub today, so he's in.

31': Cooper with an extremely long free kick, almost from midfield. He launches it into the area, Reynoso gets his head to it, and its a goal! Reynoso with his first goal for Wake Forest. 1-0

38': Davidson to Glaser, he sends it to Cooper who shoots from 18, but its wide left.

HALF: We outshoot them 5-2 and control 53% of the possession. We're looking good, but definitely not as dominant as I've seen in other matches. I add the "Exploit the Right Flank" instruction at the half. Especially with 2nd stringers in at the MC roles, lets run everything we can through Cooper... and with Davidson on the left instead of Rose I'm confident in his scoring ability if Cooper sends a few balls his way.

51': Clear cut chance for Juneau after a long ball, Gyan rushes out and gets a hand on it, good save of a clear cut chance. They can't score on the corner.

60': Jackson takes a throwin in their end, its poor and he gives it away, they cross from the left side, a header from Allen, and a goal. 1-1

67': Tapia in for Glaser.

68': Cooper a corner, header from Perkins... wide.

75': Free kick from Tapia from the left side, Reynoso ends up behind everyone to put it in easily... but he's offsides.

88': Sandoval in for Villa. Tapia to DMC, Sandoval MC.

That's it.

Juneau 1 : 1 Wake Forest

Their scorer is man of the match.

Goal: Reynoso (7.1)
Assist: Cooper (6.7)
Notable: Pickering (7.0)

Pickering wins 12 headers out of the 13 he went for, including 3 key ones. The rest of the team won 13 headers.

-- Reynoso had been on the field for 15 hours in his Wake Forest before scoring today finally.

Injury Update

-- Roth has a sprained ankle and is out for 2 months. Pace and Navarro need to get their fitness together quick now.

Standings with 4 of 7 matches played. We'd probably advance even if we don't get any more points.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote