View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #144
Radii
Head Coach

April 25th, 2015

North American Open Cup - Group Stage - Group L

Ocala Marlins (3-3-0, 2nd) vs Wake Forest Cougars (4-2-0, 1st)

Attendance: 933

-- both of us have clinched advancement. This game is meaningless.

GK: Barton
D: Bergmann/Burke/Guerrero/Diaz
DM: Villa
M: Sandoval/Glaser
AM: Reynoso/Crook
ST: Goodwin

Burke, Sandoval, Glaser, and Crook are playing b/c they are still struggling a bit with match fitness. Villa is playing b/c I'm worried that I'm not using him enough and that he'll get pissed. Everyone else is playing so I can get a look at some young players. Barton is a U18 keeper, I never even mention his name b/c why would I ever get down to my 4th keeper, but #2 and #3 are hurt and I want to sit Gyan today.

15': First highlight of the match, they shoot off a free kick miles wide.

31': So we're watching a highlight and one of their midfielders is slowly dribbling the ball about 40 yards from goal, when MC Sandoval just launches himself at the player in a wild, aggressive sliding tackle attempt. Its the first straight red I've seen in this career for either team. I don't sub anyone, I just even out my midfield so we're playing a straight 4-4-1 now.

33': They control the ball in and around the area for a scary long time, but in the end a close range shot is blocked and cleared.

HALF: No changes. They outshoot us 4-1, sucks being a man down, it really hurts our chances of seeing one of these new guys make a play.

46': They score, but their guy was hilariously far offsides, its properly called back.

68': Perkins in for Crook, he's out of position at MR, but I'm not putting Cooper out there.

We watch one more highlight, Burke and Villa both clear threatening passes out nicely, they force a long shot that Barton saves easily. After that its over.

Ocala 0 : 0 Wake Forest

A man down with this lineup, I'll take it. They outshot us 9-1 and were clearly better.

Man of the Match: Florian Bergmann (7.0)
Notable: Diaz (7.0), Glaser (7.0)

Youth DC Guerrero had a 6.3 rating, everyone else was 6.7 or 6.8.

-- Sandoval is suspended for one match for his red card. I give him a warning and indicate that he clearly deserved it.

Final group standings, we win the group and make it out without a loss!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote