View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #148
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinFan1 View Post
Dodgerchick, you don't know how right you are. Not only are they convenient, they have all kinds of stuff in them to get you to eat more and gain weight. I started baking ALL my own cookies, brownies, muffins, and breads. Using organic ingredients I still eat a lot of sweets but haven't gained a pound since I dropped 25 lbs. last year. My wife has also felt better and lost some weight and we don't feel guilty about eating them.

I'm not quite to this point yet, but might get there. Right now I'm just avoiding cookies, although with chips, I've been eating Sun Chips occasionally. The biggest thing, by far, is to take what you want to eat from the package and put the package away before you start eating. I've found it much easier to control my urges when I would have to physically go back to the pantry, open the bag, and take more. I'm able to shame myself into not going through with it before that happens. I basically look at the calories on the bag, decide how many I can have, only take that many, and that's the end of it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote