View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:29 PM   #465
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
1. If Mizzou leaves which would trigger Colorado to leave, Nebraska won't have to be asked twice to leave. Judging from Harvey Perlman's comments when asked about expansion and Osborne's hatred for the old SWC teams, they'll be on the first plane to the Big Ten offices if asked.

2. I'd love to hear what three teams would offset the damage if Mizzou, NU, and CU left the conference.

I highly doubt Missouri leaving triggers Colorado. Colorado has more than enough ammunition to leave on their own. Out of all of the Big 12 schools they are the one who has always been on the outside looking in. Out of the three schools, Nebraska leaving would have the largest impact due to their national fan base. And Nebraska certainly owes itself to listen to the Big Ten to ensure their future. But again, I think when the time comes unless the Big 12 looks like it's in danger (Texas and Texas A&M leaving) then Nebraska will stay put.

The teams the Big 12 will look to add are teams like TCU, BYU, Utah, Memphis, New Mexico, etc. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big 12 and Pac 10 partner up in some way if things go really crazy. Eventually the future BCS conferences could end up creating their own version of the NCAA (something that's already been discussed).
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote