View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #473
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh, not sure you're hearing me. Word on the rumor mill is the offers are already made, and if anything, Utah's already locked up. Also, with the Pac 10's TV contract up next year, they are under strong time pressure to get this done before they negotiate a new deal, while the Big 12 are not under that sort of pressure.

Again as I suggested before those are rumors. I'll believe it when they are both signed. There are way too many rumors out there right now to start taking any of them at face value.

As for the tv contract unless I'm totally wrong about this, I can't imagine the Pac 10 couldn't just re-negotiate their tv deal if teams are added to the conference. So the tv contract shouldn't have much bearing on if they do or don't expand since they could opt to re-negotiate the deal.

The Big 12 is under the most pressure right now given that anywhere from one to three teams are rumored to be gone. If that happens then it could open up re-negotiation for their current tv deal. So they'll need to act fast if they want to remain the Big 12.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote