View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #476
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Again as I suggested before those are rumors. I'll believe it when they are both signed. There are way too many rumors out there right now to start taking any of them at face value.

As for the tv contract unless I'm totally wrong about this, I can't imagine the Pac 10 couldn't just re-negotiate their tv deal if teams are added to the conference. So the tv contract shouldn't have much bearing on if they do or don't expand since they could opt to re-negotiate the deal.

The Big 12 is under the most pressure right now given that anywhere from one to three teams are rumored to be gone. If that happens then it could open up re-negotiation for their current tv deal. So they'll need to act fast if they want to remain the Big 12.

Yeah, but you're talking about the B12 reacting to these "rumors". Can't call one set of rumors true (Big Ten taking Mizzou/Nebraska) and assume the rest aren't or are just false or that the B12 will suddenly move from a wait and see mode to jumping past the Pac 10, which is already fully investigating its expansion options.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote