View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #478
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, but you're talking about the B12 reacting to these "rumors". Can't call one set of rumors true (Big Ten taking Mizzou/Nebraska) and assume the rest aren't or are just false or that the B12 will suddenly move from a wait and see mode to jumping past the Pac 10, which is already fully investigating its expansion options.

I'm not saying any of the rumors are true. I'm suggesting that the Big 12 needs to react to these rumors as if they are true and thus they better be contacting potential candidates as we speak. In all honesty though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Big 12 Commish is sitting on his hands as we speak given his incompetence. I'm just saying what I hope is happening though I have my doubts given the Commissioner.

As I said before, Colorado is the one program that I see with the most to gain by leaving simply because they already have relationships with the Pac 10. So I could see Colorado leaving for the Pac 10 unless the Big 12 can show it's serious about expanding. I think the Big Ten only takes one and maybe two programs on this expansion. Notre Dame is the obvious choice, but Pitt or UConn could be next in line. So there's a chance the Big 12 (if they are play their hand right) could leave this expansion unscathed. My confidence is low given the commissioner, but I'm not giving up hope just yet.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote