View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #489
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
You don't think that if Texas showed interest in the Big Ten that they wouldn't jump up and offer it to them over Missouri? The point of my argument was that if Texas was interested in leaving the Big 12 then they'd be first in line for the Big Ten (or SEC). And thus I feel safe that Texas isn't looking to leave the Big 12.

My second statement was with regards to fan base vs media markets. Missouri has the better media markets, but Nebraska has the better fan base which should result into more overall viewers.

And Albion hit the MU academics is greater than NU academics argument you're suggesting. They seem pretty close to me.

Texas isn't leaving because they'd have to take A&M and Tech with them. That's not going to happen in the Big Ten under any circumstances. It's a non-starter.

Your second measure is pretty subjective. Both have a wide ranging and active alumni base. Also, strictly from an athletic perspective, Mizzou has a much better basketball program and football is about the same between the two schools right now. Mizzou also has a hockey program, which is something the Big Ten is looking to improve, which is something that Nebraska doesn't currently have.

We'll let the U.S. News report stand on it's own merits, flawed as they may be as albion noted.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote