View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #170
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I find a Basculin, Basculin, Feebas, Basculin, Basculin, Feebas, Basculin, Basculin, Level 48 for Thundurus, Basculin, I fly back to Striaton City for a heal. Thundurus just got ko’d by a level 66 Basculin. Someone here tells me there is something going on at the Dreamyard, so I head out. And now, the cones are gone ,and I can continue. I guess that finding the sage in Route 18 was the key, because I was just here after the Elite Four. I head downstairs and see a large area.

Sunday night is TV night. I grab by DS and intend to explore and capture new Pokies. I back out of this dungeon intending to come back laters.

Here is what I catch during my explorations.

Goldeen
Seaking
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Chinchou
Relicanth, level 60
Clamperl
Krabby
Luvdisc

Leavenny in shaking bushes

I exchange Crunch for Heal Block on Thundurus when it gets to 49.

WOWOWOWOWOW. Persistence paid off and I finally got that Milotic, a 59th level one. Now let’s see if I can capture it. Quick Ball first turn fails. Now let’s try Thunder Wave. It used Aqua Ring, so dealing damage over time is not an option. I order a Net Ball. Got it once!!! Whoot!

I name it Beautifish. Let’s go take a look. Hydro Pump, Attract, Safeguard and Aqua Ring. I kinda would prefer it still had the classic recover. I might want to teach it Surf. Some good Tms to use would be Protect, Toxic, Ice Beam, and perhaps Double Team. Milotic’s stats are at the level of Gyarados and Haxorus. It seems a little understat’td/ I’ taking a look.

For example, here is the level 47 Cobalion, which has 129 defense stat to Milotic’s 125 special defense. Considering the level difference (12), Milotic’s actual special defense should be massively higher than Cobalions actual defense – 154 to 168, just a diff of 14 – not that much. Haxorus and Milotic are both Pokies with 540 total stats in potential. Currently, despite a 7 level difference, Milotic is at 591 and Smaug at 588, virtually the same. It seems a bit under-powered for a level 59 Pokemon of significance.

I was looking for a major water Pokemon. This might be it. I wish it were flying too, then I could drop Thundurus.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote