View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #178
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Relic Castle Redux

I just realized that I had totally forgotten Relic Castle, because earlier, when I got to the lowest floor I
reached, the game stopped, but there could be a bunch of stuuf down there still, plus there was a Pokeball and a back exit I never found to, so I know there’s something there. Let’s go.

At the front I run into Professor Juniper, and she tells me that the statues are actual Pokemon from 2500 years ago that are hibernating or meditating. The way to wake one up is to give it a Rage Candy Bar, and she gives me one and leaves. Okay. It was a sleeping Darmanitan, level 35, the evolved of Darumaka. It attacks, so I try and capture it, since I don’t have one yet. One Quick Ball later and I’ve got it. I name it Firesleep.

I grab a Sandslash and find a Grunt who tells me that there is a seer back here looking for a rare Pokemon. As I move through this maze of rooms, I hit a Claydol. I can’t catch it with Paralysis, so I use Crunch to drop its HP and try Dusk Balls then. I use 9 before one finally sticks. Ouch.

I run into Ryukyu, and he says the Volcarona is here and he was to catch it and present it to Ghetsis but they are no longer complete and with power. He gives me TM 04 Calm Mind. The Cop arrives to take him away.

I enter a place with a large Pokemon in it. I approach, and I get ready to tangle with this Volcarona.

It’s level 70, and it’s this weird flying firemoth. Kind of like Mothra with red wings. I use thunder wave. Thnundurus falls although it was damaged, so I send out Victini. Two hits take it to the early yellow with psychic and fire attacks – neither are super effective. I start using Flash to reduce its ability to hit things. It gets a crit with Bug Buzz and takes out Victini, go Smaug. Slash takes it to Red, and then I start chucking…hmmm. Dusk or Net? Which is better vs bug? I use Dusk, since I’m not 100% sure it’s a bug. Caught it on the second ball.

Volcarona
Level 70
No Name Given
Bug/Fire
Female

It’s just the evolved Larvesta, not a legendary or anything. I thought it was the way everybody was talking and how deep down and in a maze this thing was.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote