View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #274
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
The trading is the most frustration for me.

First off, the boats come way too infrequent , maybe because I don't want to tie up 4 ppl to move goods around? Usually just one can keep up with the amount of boats.

Then, half the time they have the same crap I do, or like 66 pieces of a fruit I don't have yet.

Ultimately, when the mothership I want arrives. The trader is wearing a black mask and trying to fleece me for 600 per animal which is fine and good. However, the bastard wont take ANY of my produce and will only deal in tools. At his extortion, ahem, exchange rate of like 150 tools for 2 animals I have to hope will reproduce. Dismissed!

Nothing effects the frequency of the boats coming. You can have your port turned off and unstaffed and they still arrive at the same schedule. I find it best to build a second port if you are wanting frequent visits.

Setup a grocery list. Soon as I get a resource boat, I select Iron and Stone too delivered every visit. In later years, they bring a ton of goods as well. The grocery list is very important, just dont forget to select 'every time' (or one time if preferred) from the drop down.

Then, there are three types of boats. all of them will trade for firewood, and then the grocer wants tools/fuel and the resource boat (i think) wants general/grocer goods.

I try to keep 4k of firewood stocked in two ports.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote