View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 03:10 PM   #5605
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
They released the body cam video of this shooting, not really sure what the officer could have been expected to do in this case. To re-holster and pull his taser would have resulted in the girl being stabbed, he was not close enough to intervene and if he had the same thing would have happened.

And this whole incident took 11 seconds to unfold from arrival to shooting. It really bothers me that all these shootings are so often lumped together, there is no comparison between this and the shootings of Castille, Toledo etc. This officer had seconds to make a decision to possibly save someone's life. It doesn't make it any less of a tragedy, but it is hard to say it was not justified.

I also believe the officer was justified.

But some of the early information would've had you believing the opposite. I think the girls aunt released a statement saying the girl was on the ground and the police shot her for no reason. Then you also had Lebron James post a photo of a cop that was at the scene with the caption "You're Next". Some people are also alleging that the cops on the scene yelled "Blue Lives Matter" at the bystanders. Add it all up and you're going to get some protests.

This incident is prime reason why cops should wear body cams and footage of any shooting should be released as soon as possible.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 04-22-2021 at 03:11 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote