View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #1445
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

There was a ton to take from this game, watching it develop behind the scenes.

Look, I was confused as some of you guys were at some moves. I had no concept why MartinD chose to watch over fontisian that day (he didn't even put in a protect order on Day One), and I was laughing when I shortly after got the shoot order from Vaimes.

Nor did I have much understanding for Bug protecting Martin or the wolves going after him. But I guess Bug's move was well thought out, because it worked.

I thought the wolves played an excellent game. Really, it came down to the shocking Shoveler duking to timmae and the unfortunate fact that Grover was Stuttering Sam.

cheeki, on the Bug duke, I probably took too much artistic license in describing that. Because Bug ended up being the only one to follow the public thread instructions to duke TO EF, it was a funny result where he was "duking" to the guy who was already getting lynched. That's not something you see a lot, so I had some fun with it in my writeup. So I'll mea culpa on that one.

Autumn had me on edge all weekend, wondering when he was going to shoot brit for the fake reveal. I am impressed he held out as long as he did. He played a very strong game.

I think the wolves were at a slight disadvantage in that Bug was not super available in the day (so he was kinda a BG UTR that was hard to pick out) and in brit being new to being a Cultist (we all have a first time) who played it a little too straight up.

I found it incredibly ironic when my random draws set up Font as the Blank. I knew that if anyone in the game was going to end up taking a shot at someone, it would be her.

Shocking revelation that still surprises me: not a single one of you used the once per game PM function. I would have thought the wolves at least would have done it to sow confusion or Autumn would have sent out a PM with his scans just before reveal or something like that. I think y'all even forgot that option was in the game lol.

Overall, it was a very impressive round of plays by everyone in a complicated ruleset. Although I felt like the beauty of this particular set is that it wasn't really that complicated by the rules. It was that their application created a complicated game, with the different factors involved. And it was great fun watching you all try to figure out how to navigate it.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It was a blast to run!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote