View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

With the addition of some coworker votes and a couple others elsewhere, we've had some interesting developments in the running tally:

San Francisco 14
Seattle 13
Portland (OR) 9
New York 4
Denver 3
Portland (ME) 2
Washington DC 2
Austin 1
Albuquerque 1
Asheville (NC) 1
Flagstaff 1
Boston 1
Couer d'Alene 1

San Francisco and Seattle have turned this back into a two-way race, with Seattle tying a couple times before dropping back one vote behind. Portland (OR) is still in third, but now clearly alone in Tier 2.

New York continues to get some support for whatever reason, but Denver picked up another vote, as did the Other Portland. Most intriguing result of the current work vote (more might appear): The rush-in of three A-named cities (Austin, Albuquerque, and Asheville-NC) alongside Flagstaff, AZ (which state name preserves the A-listing).

The overwhelming consensus is that it's almost certainly a West Coast destination, with few considering the East as viable (though I think that well could still be in play).

Breaking it down regionally:

West Coast: 38 votes
Mountain West: 4 votes (75% of which are Denver
Southwest: 3 votes (1 a piece here - Flagstaff, Albuquerque, Austin)
East Coast: 10 votes (60% of which are the ineligible NYC and DC)

The entire Midwest and the Deep South are absent representation (unless you want to count Asheville as Deep South, though I'd consider it more Mid-Atlantic).

No question though - West Coast bias. Even if you combine every other category, West Coast's 38 votes win 69.1% of the current tally. Insert your own jokes here for that percentage.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote