View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #227
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Short Course Season Goals - Brett

Brett has been a little more reserved in his goals. He's excited about swimming again, and looks forward to practice, but he understands his position and that he has some work to do, so he's not getting carried away with setting goals right now.

Basically, all he wants to accomplish is to get the state cut in all 3 breaststroke events and in 1 outside event.

As for his prospects. I believe by long course season he will have all 3 state cuts (actually he only needs 2 as he already has the 200 Breast). I'm not sure he'll be able to get the 50 and 100 Breast in short course. He's a couple seconds off in the 50, but several seconds in the 100...

I don't believe he has any shot at getting a cut in another stroke (though his off strokes are improving signifcantly...). If he can start swimming similar times to Bailey and Bear in his off strokes it will be a huge improvement and indicate that he might be able to become an all around swimmer...

There is 1 other goal for Brett...he has a chance to swim Breast on the Chattahoochee Gold Medley Relay team at state...

With Brett, as I mentioned at the time, his goals were quite high...and I really didn't expect him to reach them. Here is how he did with comments...

Get a State Cut in All 3 Breaststroke Events - No - but as I said, I didn't think it was possible. I did feel after his strong swim in the 50 during time trials he might squeak out that cut, but unfortunately, he never improved significantly over that initial time...

Get a Cut in 1 "other" stroke - No - Really didn't expect this one as he had a LONG way to go...however if we look at it like this...

Swim outside strokes with similar times to siblings (which is what I felt was a more realistic goal) - Sort of - he improved dramatically, and actually got faster than Bailey and Bear in a couple of strokes, before Bailey's huge improvements recently...

Swim on a Chattahoochee Gold Relay Team - No - Just missed it by .3...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote