View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #242
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Northern Divisions Meet @ Mt. View Aquatic Center

The Psych Sheet was finally posted…I'm going to post these in stages in case I can't get them all done today at work...

Brett

Day 1

100 Free – 23RD : 1:11.85 – Brett’s Freestyle continues to improve, and I could see a decent drop here, except for the fact we’ll be getting up real early to get to the pool, and this will be the first race. Not sure if he’ll be fully awake.

100 Breast – 9TH : 1:26.58 – His coach is expecting a big improvement from him in this one base on his 1:26.00 opening 100 in the 200 Breast at State. Coach says he should be able to get down into the upper 1:23s. I’m not sure we are getting there. An interesting side note in this one, Brett should be in the same heat with the other 12 year old (Kyle) that just edged him out for the State 200 Yard B relay team, he’s a couple seconds slower in the 100 (only a fraction of a second off in the 50), but, even though he hasn’t said anything…I believe he has a personal goal to beat Kyle.

100 Back – 17TH: 1:23.17 – If he cleans up his turns and charges into the walls he should drop here. In practice, he’s starting to close on most of the other kids in his lane when he swims backstroke. However, he will sometimes get anxious when swimming the back because he feels he isn’t going fast enough, and when that happens he tends to mix in a bicycle type kick, which is a more natural motion for him over the flutter kick. If he does that his times will suffer…

Day 2

50 Breast – 9TH : 39.50 – Hoping Brett does the bigger dolphin kick during the pullout phase on both ends of the pool. If he does, this time will drop. He is again racing Kyle and he wants to beat him here…(if he does beat him, he may end up in the B relay for Gold)

100 Fly – 15TH : 1:29.94 – It’s amazing to think as I write this that Brett is seeded 15 in a long fly event. It really illustrates how far he’s come. Unfortunately, while he’s making strides and improving, he’s also working on things, and he’s currently developed some bad habits with his kick. My guess is he gets DQed...

50 Free – 24TH : 33.92 – who knows? I’ve said for a while this should drop, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to move much. The boy needs to learn to race this stroke and give more short burst effort.

Gold will field at least 3 relay teams for both Free and Medley races in this event, so Brett could end up on 1 or 2 of them…the team isn't announcing who’s swimming them until right before the race, so I’ll have to fill in that information in the post race comments.

Last edited by Breeze : 03-22-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote