View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 11:15 AM   #152
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Trump sees the writing on the wall late, and Booker beats Pence 330-210 or so.

I laughed out loud at this for a good three minutes. If Trump could see the writing on the wall, he couldn't read it.

I love how often people write off the dem candidates because of their flaws. Name one flaw that any Democrat running has that is bigger than any one "disqualifying" flaw that Trump has. I will wait....

The fact is that Trump proved that there is no such thing as a disqualifying flaw *if* you have enough of a fired up base. Warren claimed Native American heritage. So? Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women. Harris was a tough on crime prosecutor that some find was racially harsh. So? Trump calls White supremacist "fine people." Biden has a host of issues from the Obama administration all the way back to his positions when he was a senator. Trump has put children in modern concentration camps.

I understand that we are in the process of picking one candidate to fight Trump. But I will say if we pick the weakest of this group, it will still be a better alternative to what we have. I don't know if who is picked is as important as how they will run. Any one of them will be better, but will their campaign be better than the Trump machine? Can we overcome the expertise of the GOP messaging operation to explain to the people how they are being mislead against their own interest?