View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #179
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I generally agree with this. His image whitewashing of late is mysterious to me - voters have had chances to see him before, and pretty universally said "no thanks." I guess he feels to many disaffected Dems like the last best alternative to HRC last go-round, and he's benefiting from some gauzy Obama halo effect, too. But Biden is exactly the guy we saw this week - dropping mentions about hos five years ago it was "fine" to make gay jokes. THAT is who Joe Biden is, as a politician, and as a campaigner. He's actually a weak candidate, in most ways past the "want to have a beer with him" category.
Exactly. Running in 2016 and campaigning on 4 more years of Obama was his chance to win the Presidency, and even then I think HRC was dead set on a 2016 run & it would've been a war between the Obama and Clinton machine in the primary, (and Sanders never would've gotten the space to turn into a quasi contender for the Dem nomination so he would've been like the Green Party nominee.)

I can't figure out yet if Biden is exactly where Jeb Bush was 4 years ago or exactly where Rudy Giuliani was 4 years ago, but either way my gut says it's more likely he drops out without winning a state than that he wins the nomination - and that's while acknowledging he's very well positioned to win in Iowa & a lock to win Delaware whenever they hold their primary.