View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #142
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Watching reruns on BBC, ManU Arsenal, Utd with Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Keane; Arsenal have Vieira, Bergkamp, Henry, Ljungberg, Pires...

Wow, they were two loaded teams...

Awesome, going to have to see if that makes his way online

Actually spend yesterday evening watching some classic german NT games, totally forgot how damn different the game was even in the mid 90s.
Germany-Czech Republic final from Euro 96, still featuring a Sweeper/Libero on both sides and tackles that today would be a clear red card but back then earned a mild shrug from the Ref and reporters calling it no foul despite hitting 95% leg and mayyyyybeee a bit of the ball after that

Sammer for Germany was so good in that Libero role btw. Lots of injuries but in his short peak was spectacular. absolute hero of my childhood (who i even met as he was friends with our club president whose son still is a good mate of mine)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-11-2020 at 06:36 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote