View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 05:56 AM   #36
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Jaylen is 24 & went from 13ppg to 20 to 26 this year (ok, SSS), on 54% shooting, combined with actually good defense on the wing. Plus his assists have gone from 1.4 to 2.1 to 3.5 (again, SSS, and yes Kemba being out gave him more ball handling). Tatum + Brown alone in the East ain't bad, let alone if Kemba comes back at full strength (and even so I still question if you really want him in crunch time vs certain playoff matchups).

This team is already a 50+ win team & a title contender if Tatum (or I guess Brown!) can outplay Giannis, Butler, Kawhi, LeBron, etc in a 7 game series... if I was able to wishcast & get Harden for some combination of Kemba + picks that would be a hell of a move, but I really don't see how trading Jaylen (+my binky Marcus!) for Harden would increase our odds of winning this year. You need one go to guy on O - and Harden is more proven than Tatum if he's motivated - but you think Harden is competing on the D end vs Butler, Simmons, Giannis, etc, let alone switches in the pick & roll?

(I'm unabashedly a homer who prefers homegrown cores, but I'll stand by it )

I agree with all of this. If I were Boston, I say sending a protected 1st to Houston for PJ Tucker makes much more sense for their overall chances to winning a title.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote