View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #45
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Question: obviously I'm glad the health problems Caris LeVert has were discovered thanks to the routine medical screening that is part of the trade process but ... wouldn't that normally have voided the trade?

Did Indiana simply want to get rid of Oladipo badly enough to take on a player with a cancerous kidney and chose to not void the deal?

edit to add: Just FTR, I'm not meaning to be flippant about it, what they found is waytoofuckingclosetohome for me. But letting the trade go through as-is has puzzled me from the initial discovery of the problem.

The short answer to your second question is yes

Levert is signed until 2023. Oladipo is in the last year of his contract with the prospects of resigning with the Pacers being dim for both sides. Not to be callous but I am guessing the call was made that the kidney was not an issue to LeVert's playing career. Once the call was made and the belief is that Levert will be back playing at some point this season, the trade met Indiana's goal of getting something of value for Oladipo's expiring contract.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote