View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #102
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Focus On: The Stars of Honolulu

There's really only one star you need to know about: Honolulu's legendary QB, Ronnie Tu. I've described him a bit previously, and so I won't go into further detail here, but he is a truly great quarterback. He's capable of beating any team in the league all by himself. Think Brett Favre in his prime (only evil) and you'll get an idea of what Ronnie Tu is all about.

As for the rest of the Honolulu squad they have some good talent in spots, but in general my lead-in to our first game against Honolulu still holds true:

Quote:
Week 1: at Honolulu
The regular season is finally here, and with it comes an immediate test: a tilt at arch-rival Honolulu. It is hard to argue that the season's first game is a must-win, but I believe this truly is a must win game. The battle for the division title will be hard-fought, and I wouldn't be surprised if the title winner was decided by a tiebreaker.

A win here would give us a leg-up in that respect, and allow us to continue a recent turn in our fortunes against a team that has haunted us. Heading into the 2008 season, we sported a pathetic 2-9 record against the Blue Pacific. Last season saw us sweep them to improve that mark to 4-9. A good start, I think, but I'd like to see that nudge up to 6-9 by the end of this year. Winning four straight will be tough against any team led by Ronnie Tu, but I am hopeful.

Honolulu is still a team to be reckoned with, although their overall talent level has diminshed in recent years. They're still strong along the offensive line, have some talent at WR, and a talented linebacking corps. The defensive backfield is good but aging. All in all I think we match up well with them.

Not much to add here. They're still good and very capable of beating us at home. I just hope they don't.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote