View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #42
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Same here on the e-wrestling things. Still don't know what it is.

I predated most of this stuff. We had Pine mail, Gopher and Zephyr instant messaging on campus in my day. We had computer labs in the dorms with about a half dozen computers, and on any given Friday night you'd find a nerdy guy trying to download naked gifs of Teri Hatcher at 2.4 kbps.

Think of e-wrestling like the wrestling world today. You create your own character that will be your wrestler. The success of your character is directly a result of the storylines you're able to think up, and your skill on the "mic" (writing interviews). You can write these storylines on your own, or work with other writers to put together some really elaborate storylines.

The booker is essentially the head writer of the e-wrestling federation. He consolidates all the interviews and angles, and works with writers to put together matches. When I ran my own e-fed, I probably spent 2 hours a night talking to people, reading and writing. On the show night I'd often stay up until 2-3 am writing matches so that I could release the show (as a text file).

There's a whole "star power" thing that forms as people truly follow the characters. People want to play where the great characters are.

If you want to see an extreme example, go to iiwf.info: the home of the Mighty Double-Eye and check out some of the stuff the Double Eye put together. There were essentially two guys who wrote their brains out for a few years and for the greater part it was really amazing.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote