View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 06:04 AM   #2162
hoopsguy
General Manager

3/2: 171.0
3/9: 170.6
3/16: 170.6
3/23: 171.2

Not a good trend/month, but there is at least one extenuating factor in the week-over-week weigh-in. Normally Sunday is my long run day, but this weekend I ended up going longer on Saturday and having to skip Sunday. The weigh-in after long runs usually is good for 0.5-1.5 pounds lighter than the previous day. That, coupled with some questionable NCAA-related eating on the back half of the week pulled me away from the sub-170 range.

Six days until my Shamrock Shuffle run. I've set a goal for 40 minutes for the 5 miles. Not sure how that will work out, as the area I'm living in has a lot more hills than the very flat Chicago roads. I've set sub-8 mile pace for 3 miles so far, but have yet to stretch that pace out over 5 on my training runs. Still rounding into shape, both from weight and cardio perspective. There will also be a TON of people at this race, which normally is not the best scenario for chasing after challenging times.

I had set three goals for my running this month, and I'll list a 4th goal that I had for weight:
- Run at least 110km. Currently at 98.
- At least 5 outdoor runs. Mission accomplished, have had warm weather.
- Run sub-40 for 5m run.
- Weight under 170 for 5m run. Was 172.2 on 2/22 for my "Hustle Up Hancock" race.

Next week is going to be terrible for working out. Between taper for run and a really aggressive work/home schedule, I'll be happy with finding two workouts during the week along with my run. Which means that diet needs to compensate a little bit to help me hit goal weight.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 03-23-2015 at 06:44 AM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote