hoopsguy
General Manager

3/2: 171.0
3/9: 170.6
3/16: 170.6
3/23: 171.2
3/30: 170.0

My scale is very determined not to give me a weight starting with "16."

Still, overall pretty happy with this weight after what ended up being a low exercise week. My evenings got high-jacked by family commitments and I was deliberately taking off a couple of days to rest for the Sunday race. So all in all, I only had 3 days of working out last week, which is 2-3 less than normal for me.

As far as the race, I smashed my 40:00 goal. Ended up at 37:44, and was left wondering at the end if I could have gotten down to a 7:30/mile pace (5 mile race) if I had started just a little bit stronger. That said, I'll take that kind of post-race regret every time It was very satisfying posting that kind of time after struggling a bit with my running performances, from a time perspective, the last few weeks. I moved at the end of January, and my new neighborhood has a lot of hills. So many hills, in fact, that I have yet to really map out a "flat" run for days where I want to simulate Chicago race conditions. So I knew that was impacting the times on my runs, but until yesterday I did not really have a benchmark to measure how much impact the hills had on my run times. Turns out, quite a bit ...

So, time to get my weight back into the 160s. At the beginning of the year I had set a goal of 160 for weight, which is a number I haven't seen since my freshman year of college. Which was 25 years ago. I'm not 100% sure that I'll want to hit that goal, but I do want to be putting in the right effort with exercise and diet to be in position to hit that weight if I can do so without looking and feeling unhealthy. So I've got to start putting together sustained months of weight loss rather than the fits-and-starts that have marked the first quarter of the year.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote