hoopsguy
General Manager

3/2: 171.0
3/9: 170.6
3/16: 170.6
3/23: 171.2
3/30: 170.0
4/6: 171.8

Well that was a disappointing weigh-in. It was a full pound heavier than at any time during the week. There was no long run like I do on most Sundays, but Saturday was pretty punishing instead. Still, I suppose that and having some Easter candy (nothing super excessive) may account for part of the number. The rest I'm calling a weird weigh-in until proven otherwise the next couple of days.

Realistically, I need to make some better attempts at diet changes for lunch and be a little more consistent on my breakfasts. This round of weight monitoring has yet to involve much in the way of portion control, relying almost exclusively on exercise. Exercise alone isn't going to get me down another 10-12 pounds this year. And if by some miracle that was to happen, I would not have high hopes for keeping that weight off.

Next race I'm angling for is a 10k in 13 days. I'm expecting to set a new personal record (PR) that day because my current time isn't terribly impressive, but after some light research on the course (pretty hilly) I may need to adjust my goal time up a bit from the current 48:00. Will probably figure that out next weekend after my final training run at distance, as the vast majority of my in-week runs are in the 3-4 mile range.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote