View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 03:55 PM   #2170
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I need to get back to lifting some weights, will have to invest in a kettle bell or dumbell or both sometime soon. Gotta rebuild that shoulder/neck strength.

Weight is still hovering between 187-190, had another weekend of traveling/picnic food. And today I've been making guiness braised lamb shanks .. so I'll be better starting tomorrow.

Looks like this was the last post I made about my weight (July 2011) - since then it went back up into the 205-210 range. Never back towards 220-225 which was my peak weight, but in the past 6 months or so I've really wanted to get back under 200, and more like 190 as my baseline weight.

Started the insanity max 30 workout a couple months ago, tomorrow's actually the last day. Combine that with playing hockey most Sundays and I'm on the right track.

Weighed in at 197 today, down from 205ish before I started insanity. And that's with the muscle I've been building, too. Good direction! Trying to eat right most of the time and cut down on alcohol, that definitely helps.

Not sure if insanity has been discussed in this forum, but I recommend it. It's a pretty intense program, but it's nice to be able to get through it quickly and boy is it a workout. I've never had this much upper body strength and you don't even use weights.

Last edited by The Jackal : 04-16-2015 at 03:56 PM.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote