View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 11:34 PM   #2184
rowech
Pro Starter

I haven't posted here in a long while but I've reached a level of frustration. I used to be around 310 pounds and got down to 230. I'm now back up to 255 and to be honest, I'm not really sure why. I've stayed pretty active, been eating the same, etc. I started insanity two weeks ago and have put on six pounds now. I'm baffled by this. I have two possible ideas on it and curious if anybody has any thoughts...

1. Can you eat too little on such a program? I generally have oatmeal for breakfast, workout after that, have a protein shake, have a sandwich for lunch with some pretzels and unsweetened tea. Might have some crackers or something along those lines at mid-afternoon. Might throw in a greek yogurt at some point. Dinner is usually chicken or pork grilled, some sort of pasta, and some sort of vegetable. I know there needs to be more fruits/vegetables in there. Can that be the issue or is it that I need more food? If I use their calorie calculator, I should be losing two pounds a week at 2500 calories in given my weight and I'm not at that level of intake.

2. I do have hypothyroid and my doctor struggles finding the right dosage. Is it possible the insanity workout is too hard for somebody who is hypothyroid?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote