View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #2188
Radii
Head Coach

I haven't updatded in awhile, I'm still at 270. Since my last update near the end of September, the good news is that I've been on keto way more than off, though I was off for a week at a time once in October and once in November. Currently, I've been solidly on keto for about 3 weeks now, except for Thanksgiving Day. I allowed myself dressing and gravy for Thanksgiving dinner, but only had turkey for leftovers, no turkey sandwiches/dressing/gravy.

With the strength training and yoga, as I found when I first started at the gym last year, a strong increase in activity drives my hunger levels INSANE and I find it extremely hard to eat at a caloric deficit, even on low carb where its so easy to feel full and to not need to eat as much/often for me. Though I'm sure the week full of sugar each month didn't help

Anyway, the reason for the update here is yet another change in plans. I have an umbilical hernia, I've had it for about 7 years or more, apparently its rather common in very overweight folks. It doesn't hurt, but I've been way more aware of it with the huge amounts of abdominal pressure that come from squats/deadlifts, and all of the core work in yoga, so I went to my doctor to ask about it and we decided that it would be reasonable to go ahead and get it fixed now, but it was up to me, not 100% necessary right now.

I hit my out of pocket max for insurance this year thanks to all the stuff I was doing early in the year, so getting it done now will be free, so I'm getting it done now. Next Wednesday (Dec 16th), actually.

So after that surgery, no picking up anything at all for a week, then very very little for about a month, then start building back up to normal exercise. Recovery as far as going back to work will be easy though at least.

So that's what's up, for now!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote