View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #2189
Radii
Head Coach

Had my surgery today, all went well.

Its really sad how utterly shocked every medical professional is when they see someone who is able to successfully manage diabetes. I ended up explaining my diet to 3 different people today after questions that started:

"This says you are diabetic but you don't take any medicine or insulin... I don't understand?"

Its not that its so terribly hard to do necessarily, apparently its that so few people ever learn how to manage things well enough to get off diabetes meds once they get on them that it seemed a completely foreign idea and required a detailed explanation.

All hail bacon, I guess. I try really hard to not get preachy about keto/low carb because it can come across as "cult like" to many people, and its not "the way" to eat for everyone, BUT the fact that you can go to your doctor, be diagnosed as diabetic, go to classes to learn how to manage diabetes, and still come away from that thinking that carbohydrate restriction is a scary and evil thing or not even understanding that its in the arsenal of things to try... ugh
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote