View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #2197
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

2/1 - 298.
2/8 - 288.4
2/15 - 286.0
2/22 - 284.2

Had a decent week though I only made 4 workouts. 2 Bike sessions 2 weight sessions. Got the stationary bike up to 8 miles though on a very difficult setting resistance and program wise. Going to hit that same program again today and take it to 9 miles and then later in the week do a flat setting ride. My stationary has 1-15 resistance settings and this program does 20 seconds each at 5,7,9,11,13,15 repeat. Honestly 5 feels harder than my old road bike. So my plan is to try and hit 12 miles on a flat 7.

This is the point where the workout gets monotonous because it becomes a 40-50 minute affair of just peddling and listening to music. Mixing in some phone games to pass the time. I cant concentrate enough to Book On Tape or educational podcast while I ride, so its just tempo background music.

Anyway the reward is worth the boredom.

I've really been putting off the road work because 1- I hate to run and 2- I have fake knee and they have been known to flare up when I start a running regimen. I fear a flare up and sidetrack. At some point though if I am to hit this goal I have to start. So I'll add a walk jog in this week or it will be a failure for me.

Wish me luck
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote