View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 10:36 PM   #125
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I'd love to have a pitcher like your closer! Wow. My closer is pretty good as well, he's 30 and in his 6th season in the majors, all as the closer of my team. He's 80/55/50 and he has career 2.00 ERA and has 14.4 K/9 this season.

He has, by far, the best stuff I’ve ever had with a pitcher. When I saw him near the end of the first round, I couldn’t believe it (even if the control looked questionable). Plus, he’s a lefty to boot. I played a few seasons today and the bad news is that he is now fragile and the movement and control has been inching down. He’s in his age 29 season. I hate paying relievers $10M+, but I’m going to try to keep him a Pirate for life if I can.

Another random fun storyline from this universe is that I picked up a depth SP on a minor league deal just prior to spring training. He was like 34, something like 55/40/50, and a captain, so I figured he would be a good AAA piece and may get a few starts if/when I go beyond 7 or 8 starters. He signs and I look at his career stats and see that he has played for 16 different major league teams! His stats confused me at first because the summaries for his career teams (at the bottom of his pitching stats screen) was nearly as long as the yearly stats. I ended up trading him for a reliever another team was trying to dump salary on, but I’ll have to follow up on him and see how many teams he ends up suiting up for. I might try to sneak him in at some point down the road. It looks like Edwin Jackson holds the real record with 14 teams in

Last edited by Swaggs : 05-30-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote