View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #394
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In week 2 of offseason recruiting, Mr. Basketball in Maryland signs with Maryland. Not surprising that we lost him. I'm now pursuing a JC C to provide some depth down low as well as a SG that might fit in better as a backup shooter.

In week 3, we sign a reach player who I'm hoping we get lucky on since we didn't get any transfer players...

Vitor Ziri is a 6'8 234 pound JC PF with some athleticism who can rebound. He is from Philly. He is a 3 star unranked player.

I miss out on on the 2 SG's I wanted as a replacement for Snow, so we turn very far away.. to China. I'm scouting a 6'3 SG from China now and trying to convince him to come to Niagara. This is a risky move as well, but if he doesn't pan out, we have more than enough depth to not play him.

In week 4 of offseason recruiting, we get Mamery Clifford from Chicago to sign with Niagara. He is a 6'10 250 pound (quite a bit bigger than Adams) JC FR C who is a 3 star player. His strengths are his post defense and shot blocking.

In the last week of recruiting, we get Chen Li from China to sign with us. We don't know a lot about him. I can't wait to get him on campus and see what he can do. The scouting report we have compiled so far from the limited video tape suggests that he is athletic and a skilled offensive player. He is 6'3 192 pounds.

That completes our recruiting class which was 2 players bigger than expected due to those transfers.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote