View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #601
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Transfer Window Opens

-- The Premier League transfer window reopens and as usual, many of our key players look to be targets for the largest clubs in the world. Lets see what transpires…we don’t have any money right now and will likely be quiet until our budget for next year is set. We do look to lock up a few players with expiring contracts and also look to extend our staff members with contracts coming due as well.

Transfer Market - Needs

-- Okay, what are we looking for this year? I think my main goal is to find a potential stud to play at right midfield - I’m looking for more on that side, with Gianluca Bolis continuing to confound. Other than that, not much - we’ll continue our search for the best youngsters possible, as our team, while not old, are all hitting their prime and we’ll need to be careful going forward.

Transfer IN

-- Completing a modest £70,000 deal made with Tigres many months ago, we finally welcome 18 year old Mexican defender Luiz Miguel Garcia to Dover! Garcia is a bit small for a centre half back at only 5’ 10” but he’s a fine talent (1.0/3.0) and will spend next year developing with our U18 squad. He’s also playing for Mexico’s U20 club with our very own Alberto Velazquez.

Transfer Window Fun

-- The first offer comes in for little used winger Lyubomir Kunchev - the Bulgarian international is a 2.0/3.0 player and Evian are looking to grab him for £3.6 million plus incentives, essentially his current value. I counter offer £5 million and additional incentives and offer him out to other clubs for the same amount.

-- Liverpool also inquire about striker Andy Broomes - he’s going nowhere.

-- Deportivo offer me £600,000 plus incentives for depth defender Hans Briers - I accept that offer!! He has no place here. I offer him to other clubs for the same amount.

-- Two lower half Ligue 1 clubs make loan offers for top striker prospect Alberto Velazquez but try to cheap out on the up front fee. I negotiate with both to get the deal I want. Both decline for now.

Contract Extension Foiled

-- I come to terms with deep backup defender Carlos Guzman on a contract extension but incredibly, the application for another work permit is turned down! Crazy - maybe this happened because he rarely plays. I try another offer but it’s foiled as well. So we’ll be losing him on July 1st. Too bad.

International Round Up

-- We have more news on international games, as Salim Loucif, Lyubomir Kunchev, Manuel Perez, Emmerson Harvey, Mads Pedersen (one assist), Claudio Contreras, Chiquinho (one goal), Mwemere Mutesa (two goals!) and Mohamed Lamine Yilmaz all get more games. The goals by young Mutesa are his first international goals for Rwanda and he’s delighted!

-- Unfortunately, Claudio Contreras suffers a twisted ankle during the Argentina game and will be out three weeks. No biggie, as he should be back by training camp. DOVER INJURY: Claudio Contreras - Twisted Ankle (Three Weeks)

Contract Extension

-- We get a contract extension done for young midfielder Vlastimil Silhavy. He played well for the U18s and I’ll consider either keeping him here for reserves duty or possibly loan him out. A lot depends on whether we ultimately sell Lyubomir Kunchev and find a top MR replacement in the transfer market.

Transfer OUT

-- Lyubomir Kunchev agrees to a contract with Evian TG FC in France and that closes off a £5 million transfer deal, with incentives that could push it up another £500,000. Kunchev, a 21 year old Bulgarian international, spent three years with our club but was always a third choice player while here, ultimately leaving before scoring a senior team goal. In all, he started six times in those three years and played in 22 senior games overall, notching three assists. He’s a decent prospect but we’ll take the money and run after buying him for £1.9 million in 2022. Good luck to Lyubomir in France!

End of an Era?

-- Longtime stalwart midfielder Andrea Rocca is approached by AS Monaco FC and offered a contract. Rocca has been here forever, playing with us on loan in our League 1 days and ultimately he joined us as a full timer when we arrived in the Premier League. That said, he’s entering his age 29 season, has fallen to fifth on our depth chart and his skills are declining, ever so slightly. He’s asking for almost double his present salary and I think it’s time for us to walk away. It’s sad but we also have Paolo Secchi, a young and talented midfielder, waiting in the wings after spending last year on loan. Plus, we need to find more playing time for Emmerson Harvey. This is the right move, I feel.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-02-2015 at 12:06 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote