View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 05:48 PM   #591
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
"One idea Campbell seemed especially fond of was putting a taxidermied sheep at the front of the Lions practice facility and encouraging players to not look at it, to reiterate the old saying that a lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep."

OK, that is truly among the dumbest things I've ever read. We're gonna put a dead sheep out front and encourage you not to look at it.

This hire is eerily reminiscent of what would be the worst hire my Vikings ever made with Les Steckel, who had gems like this.

Quote:
Early on, he cut up a credit card and announced the country club atmosphere was ending. Steckel also punched himself in the face during an animated pep talk.

Players who witnessed it claim Steckel almost knocked himself out.

And had great communication with his players.

Quote:
In one game, Manning – yep, Peyton’s and Eli’s dad – was sacked 11 times. Most of the sacks came after the ball was snapped over Manning’s head when he was lined up in shotgun formation. Afterward, I asked the center why he couldn’t lower his snaps. He was stunned by the question. “Nobody told me the ball was going over Archie’s head,” he said.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-17-2021 at 05:51 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote